By scheduling an appointment with Aloha Therapeutic Touch you are agreeing to the following policies:
Full payment is expected at the time of service. Types of acceptable payments are cash, credit card or Paypal. We do not submit billings to any insurance company.
A credit card is required to schedule any appointment, however the appointment can be paid for with cash at the time of the massage
Upon my arrival if you do not answer the door, or your phone, I will wait up to 15 minutes (which will be taken away from the massage if you show up), then I will leave, and the appointment will be considered a no show.
Once the massage is started, that is the beginning of the amount of time booked, if the client needs to pause the massage for any reason, that time is taken away from the massage and the client is still charged for the time.
If the appointment is delayed due to the therapist, if time allows they will give the full time of the massage. If time does not allow, the client will receive a discount in accordance with the amount of time the appointment was delayed.
Our time is valuable and we booked out that time specifically for you, and we may have turned someone else away, so please be courteous and respect our time. If you need to cancel for any reason a 4 hours cancellation/rescheduling notice is required, for groups of 4 or more a 3 day notice is required.
Any appointment that is made with Aloha Therapeutic Touch is considered a scheduled appointment.
If notice is given less than 4 hours, but more than 1 hour, in advance of appointment time a fee for $35 of the scheduled time will be charge to the credit card given when the appointment is scheduled.
If notice is given less than a 1 hour in advance of the appointment time, or if you are a no call/no show (meaning you do not answer the door or your phone) a fee of 100% of the scheduled time will be charge to the credit card given when the appointment is scheduled.
Due to the extra time to coordinate and people scheduled for appointments of 4 or more people, the following cancellation/rescheduling notice is required:
If notice is given less than 3 days (72 hours), but more than 2 days (48 hours), in advance of the appointment time a fee of $100 will be charged to the credit card given when the appointment is scheduled.
If notice is given less than 2 days (48 hours), but more than 1 day (24 hours), in advance of the appointment time a fee of 50% of the scheduled time, or $150 (whichever is greater), will be charged to the credit card given when the appointment is scheduled.
If notice is given less than 1 day (24 hours) in advance of the appointment time a fee of 100% of the scheduled time will be charged to the credit card given when the appointment was scheduled.
We value your privacy. We will never give, lease, sell, or otherwise disclose your personal information - period. Any information you give to Massage Therapist will be held with the utmost care, and will not be used in ways to which you have not consented.
INFORMED CONSENT - Clinic location only
Prior to each massage session, the treatment plan will be discussed with you. At your first visit with us you will receive a copy of the client intake form and will be asked to sign the consent stating that you have read the information, understand it, and agree to comply with the professional massage therapy policies and procedures. Clients who we have not seen for at least a year will also be asked to fill out this form.
SCOPE OF PRACTICE
- Aloha Therapeutic Touch are licensed professionals and held to the highest standards by following the Hawaii State Board rules and regulations.
- Massage Therapy is a profession in which the practitioner applies manual techniques, and may apply adjunctive therapies, with the intention of positively affecting the health and well-being of the client.
- Massage Therapists do not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions nor are they allowed to provide treatment for a specific condition without a doctor's supervision. The massage therapist is required to refer you for diagnosis and to follow recommendations of your physician.
RESPECT FOR CLIENT NEEDS AND BOUNDARIES
- The Massage Therapist are happy to adjust pressure, temperature, musical volume, work longer on an area or move on if you request it.
- The client may choose to: leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort, refuse any massage methods, stop massage at any time and is free to stope their sessions.
- The client will always be modestly draped. Only the area being massaged will be undraped. The clients will be kept informed of the area to be massaged.
- Occasionally, an emotional response to massage occurs. If this happens, it is ok to express the feelings in our safe, nonjudgmental environment - or you may request privacy and end the session. You are in control.
- Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated, will be viewed as solicitation, and reported to the proper authorities under the guidelines of the massage therapy policies and procedures. The client will not be rescheduled if this occurs.
- The breast and genital area will not be massaged under any circumstances. Permission will be asked before working close to these areas; otherwise, a professional distance will be maintained. Also, low back, hip & gluteal area will be massaged only with permission and can be worked through the draping if requested.
- Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the massage therapist is NEVER appropriate. On rare occasions an involuntary sensual response to massage is natural and will subside on its own in a few moments.
- We do not massage anyone under the age of 18 without the approval of accompanied adult.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND CONVERSATION
- The discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage.
- We are happy to listen to your conversation and share our professional expertise. We prefer to not discuss topics of a political, private or sexual nature.
EXISTING AND NEW MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- It is the responsibility of the client to keep the massage therapist informed of any medical treatment currently being taken, and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc., that the massage may be continued.
- The client must also keep the massage therapist informed of any changes in health conditions.
- For clients undergoing chemo and radiation therapies - The Swedish Massage or Cranial Sacral is just for you. Please note that we require a doctor's note that states the doctor is aware of and agrees to the desired treatment.